Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tango Night Chamber Performance


I was supposed to write this entry last week after the performance but I thought I should download all the photos taken to my computer first so that I can have some photo to put on within this entries.

Well, I guess it was a usual chamber performance. Nothing extra-ordinary or special. But I felt good to have the opportunity to perform again. We once had too many performances and it seems like we couldn't give our best. Maybe because too many performances and we couldn't concentrate on any of them. So we ended up screwing everything up. I still remember the performances at WK GCC after our Choir Competition in Singapore. Both were not good.

Since then, we kinda 'stopped' for a while. Not really stopped. We did have some performances for some exhibition. But were not so satisfying. And here we go... Chamber performance for Tango Night. We sang only one song. We always call the song - "The roses song". But actually that's not the real name. Anyway, it's about roses and some jealousy theme.

Of course the Tango Night got some professional dancers who are the real stars of the night and we were just invited to perform between some dances so that the dancers can change their costume. We performed two nights with the same song. First night didn't go so well perhaps we're still not ready and a little stage-fright. We were not really enjoying. Then the second night was much more better. Perhaps because we were more 'daring'. But as for me, I was thrilled by David's voice (the solo singer, the chamber choir teacher) - dramatic and a little sexy! Wish I could sing like him.

For both two nights, David brought me home and we had the opportunities to chat a little bit. He did advise me to learn some singing techniques and he said that I could be a better "German-style" Tenor. He promised to borrow me some CDs so that I can exposed to those kinda of voices and see if I like it.

Learning is a journey...

1 comment:

Cleeyy said...

I was there for the second night (one of the audience). You all did quite well.

Well, practice did makes perfect. So, do not fret. Just give it your all.