Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Gary


My colleague want to borrow a CD from me : Gary Barlow - Open Road.

The album used to be my favourite album and I kept listening to it over and over again. After I got bored of that, I kept the CD somewhere in my room and never listen since then. Sometimes I wonder where shall I keep my CDs as I will be keeping on buying new CD as new artist, new music are released every once in a while. Anyway, back to the Gary Barlow. Yeah, he was the lead singer of the famous group - Take That. And he's got good voice. Pure and clean. That's what I like. He later released the second album which I forgot the name of the album. I don't really enjoy the second album. Still prefer the first one.


If I am not mistaken, Gary Barlow then was having cancer or some serious illness that he need to go through some medical treatment. He never release any album after the second one. Kinda sad actually. He is a talented singer. I think he can do better than Robbie William. Not to say Robbie William is not good, but I still love Gary.

The album Open Road consists of some popular song / hits such as "Love Won't Wait", "So Help Me Girl" and "Forever Love". Before I borrow the CD to my colleague, I got the chance to listen to the songs again and gosh, it brings back so many bitter-sweet memories of mine. I still remember I bought the CD when I was still living in Kelantan. And I just realised the CD was released in year 1997, when Malaysia was having the Economic downturn/crisis. And that year if I am not mistaken, I was in Form 2 and I was the monitor in my class. LOL...


Life was simple and enjoyable then. I still remember watching the MTV Hits on TV2 or TV3 (as we didn't have Astro yet then). Of course, Gary Barlow MTV was one of the MTV I was looking for everytime the show was shown. Love the "Love Won't Wait" MTV. But prefer love the song "Forever Love". So sentimental and touching. Perhaps I was those sentimental kind of guy. And still am a sensitive guy. :p

Listening to this album, I enjoy remembering those bitter-sweet memories...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog...You have soo much useful information on this site...Thanks...Just for any Take That fans...Seen sumwhere you can win free tickets to the next concert but hurry the competition ends soon. Ive already sent my entry. Hopefully i win these tickets free, online bingo cash is the website you can win it from.