Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I've got my Bonus


I recevied my bonus for the first time after working in the company for around 1 year and 3 months. Although the amount is not much, less than a month , I am all excited and happy. At least I got my bonus! After all I can't demand for so much as I am still a new and young staff in the company. There are a lot more for me to contribute and learn in and from this company.

Anyway, back to the bonus. Bonus is something extra. That's why it's call bonus, right?! Well, bonus is a reward from the company to appreciate the staff's hardwork and good performance. Well, I heard there is this contractual bonus, which will be given to the staff every year no matter what (unless the company is closed down); And there is bonus given based on staff's performance. As for my company, I think it's a little more on contractual bonus. Where all the staff will receive bonus every year and how much will very much depend on the company's profit for the year. Well fair enough for young company like this.

When compare to other company, the bonus given in this company is considered very low. I know I shouldn't compare. But I have to admit I have friends who got so much for their bonus. However, I also have friends who doesn't get any bonus yet so far after working for more than a year. Hmmm... my condition is not so bad I guess.

Bonus is not only a reward, it is also an appreciation the company show to their staff. Yes, the appreciation is very important. Sometime we tend to work very hard without knowing what is the point. Is it really because to get a better bonus next year? Maybe yes. Who doesn't want a better bonus?! Hmm... But I guess that should not be our ultimate goal.

I think I should improve myself. My technical/programming skills, people skill and writing skill etc. Those are very crucial. Sometime we do not really need to work so hard. It is when you improved yourself and be a skillful person, you'll have the weapons and wisdom to deal with any problem and issues easily. We need to work hard because we're not good enough. When we're not good enough, we can hardly contribute to the company or society. So the solution for getting better bonus is actually to improve yourself. Of course, to improve yourself, it needs hard works! Hahahaha...

So, I need to work hard to improve myself now so that next time I do not need to work too hard to get a better bonus! Hahaha... sounds reasonable, right?! Anyway, I've got my bonus! :p

No comments: