Tuesday, August 08, 2006

When home is no longer safe...

It was a normal night. The temparature is higher than usual. I hardly fell into sleep as it was too hot and quite stuffy. I watched a few video clips online and finally felt tired and hit the sack. It was about 1:30am in the middle of the night.

I were waken up by the bright lights when my sister switched on the lights in my room. I thought she wanted to wake me up so I would prepare and go for work. However, normally she wouldn't swtch on the lights in my room though.

Later she said that her hand bag was gone. I checked my table in the room and found that my wallet and cellphone were gone too. She discovered that the window at the toilet at the back of our house has been broken. Someone must has broken into our house and stolen our stuff.

No one was hurt though. We then went to the police station to log a report. We were well treated. The police invited us to watch Astro in a room and just ask two other person to interview and make the report. Of course, I am the one who's watching TV.

Then we came back home and do our morning Gongyo. We were so lucky that the thief never wake us up and threaten us for more money. Considering a lot of cases happened recently where some TARC students were snatched by the thieves and died in the fatal incident. We thank to the protection of all buddhas. We were very lucky, indeed.

However, after our morning gongyo, we received call tellling us that some of our belonging were left at the back of our neighbour's house. We quickly went there to get back our stuff. Most of my sister's and her boyfriend's stuff were there. But mine was not there. I searched around but nothing to be found.

I was quite pissed off. Why didn't the thieves throw my wallet somewhere near so that I can get back at least my IC and the driving license. At some point, I felt insecure, even at home. How dare the thieve broke the window, got into our house and take away what belong to us? What make him so daring? What make him so desperate? I wondered. The mixture feelings of anger, frustrated, insecure, anxious and disappointment conquered me.

I recall: "Peace is not just the absent of war." ~ Daisaku Ikeda

No comments: