Tuesday, August 01, 2006

One Year Anniversary (Part 3)

The new office was located at Jalan Sultan Ismail opposite Wisma Genting. It is more like a resort-like office. There're yellow lights and and wooden floor. Plus the cooling air-conditioned environment... hmmm... feel like working in the resort?!

Oh yes, the environment is so comfortable that it make me feel very sleepy especially after lunch time. You may caught me "fishing" at that time. Hong is sitting at my right hand side and a trainee is sitting at my left hand side. Jackie Boey is sitting in front facing me and we always "argue". "The War" will happen sometimes between us where we bombing each other and laugh out loud at the end. That's how we release stresses and tensions.

In this new office, I got to know more people as some of the colleagues who were working in MCA building shifted back into this new signature office. Jackie is one of them. Other colleagues like Yeong Yeong, Ocean, William, Jacelyn, CK, Sie Yun, Brad, Wee Wern and many more. Working life gets more interesting when you know more people in the office. Many people to talk to and we could help each other out when any of us are in needs.

Ocean used to initiate a group booking to watch movie in Time Square. I joined the group to watch M.I. 3. It was a fun experience though - 30 staffs and friends went to the cinema to watch movie together. Later on they also organize such event to watch other movies but I didn't join as I prefer watching movie with my family.

Some of us also went to sing KTV sometimes when we're free. I've been to Redbox twice and Neway once with my colleagues. I enjoyed the session in Neway as we got to enjoy free buffet! However, the price is very expensive. Almost RM 50 per person. Anyway, it was fun though.

I started to feel that I am in control of my works after I shifted to this new office. Also, I started to settle down and can estimate how much efforts and time needed to complete a task or assignment. This allow me to arrange my time for other activities like attending choir practice. I remember working over-night in the office two times in this new office. That two experiences really made me explore more about LASS and how it works. However, it's also a lesson learnt that staying over-night in the office is not encouraged as the nest few days you'll be very tired and that's defintely not healthy.

Till now, I am still working on LASS. There're a lot of room for improvement and I must grab every opportunity to improve myself and also contribute to the company as much as I can.

Working life is great when you have all your tasks under control and have a good plan.

No comments: