Monday, August 28, 2006

Singapore Chinese Choral Festival



So I have returned from Singapore 8 days ago. I didn't really have time to write down the experience, the feelings and those wonderful memories then. I was too busy. On the day I reached KL, it was 4:30am in the morning and I basically slept through the day. At night I have to become the MC for a choir exchange in WKSGM (Wisma Kebudayaan Soka Gakkai Malaysia). It was a disaster! I mean I was quite blur and there're a lot of sudden changes in that event. However I think I still managed to handle.

After that I was so busy with downloading the photos from my sister's digital camera. Since my USB port is no longer functioning, I have to use other's pc to get the photos out of the camera. I have gone through a lot to get them (the photos) out of the camera and view them. Then I excitedly upload the photos to Picasa Web Album and share them with other choir members. I'll post some of my favourite photos here in this entry.

Considering the time I have now, I don't think I'll be writing down all the experience in Singapore. I'll write down some important events and things that I've learnt through out this trip.

The journey to Singapore was a pleasant one. At least I never experienced any dizziness or felt like vomit. The bus stopped a few times for us to go to the loo and "have brunch". I sat alone in the bus (even though there were two seat, I basically put my beg on the seat next to mine). So I tried to rest and sleep. But I couldn't sleep in the bus. I thought it's a waste to sleep. But almost everyone closed their eyes and rest. Perhaps it was too early in the morning.

Taken along the journey to Singapore

The first day in Singapore was nothing much to talk about. We just went for the rehearsal and practice for awhile. I was tired, actually. Oh, our accomodation was not as good as I expected! We slept in a bag-packer's kinda accomodation. Anyway, it turned out that the bed was not too bad. At least I could sleep through the night.

In front of the Singapore Conference Hall

The second day was something memorable for me. I did a sharing in the morning and also before the competition in the evening. I made some of them cry with my touching "sharing and encouragement". Even me myself was quite touched when I saw all the members got together, holding hands and believing that we will all give our best in the competition. Yes I did bring all of them together, once again and march towards our ultimate goal - to bring joy, hope and happiness to everyone around us. I am so proud of myself! :p

Ms. Woon being the superstar

The Idiotic Brothers

We did not get into the final. We've got the silver awards. I think it's very good as it is our first time to participate in a choir competition (international level somemore). We definitely learnt something out of the event and also exposed to the world of choir. I saw other choir's performance and they do have their own ability and strength that our choir does not possess. However, I will strive harder to improve myself and contribute.

Of course we have a chance to walked around in Singapore during our lunch time or breaks. Honestly, those food I tried were not very tasty. Perhaps I did not go to the right place to have my meal.

Anyway, I have a chance to have tea with my dear Ms. Woon. We love having "cham" (tea + coffee, also known as Hainanese Tea). We also ordered a toast and shared. It was a great afternoon tea break.

I also have a chance to walk around Singapore with one of the "M.I.A." member, Koon Loong. I think we last met and spoken was at the end of year 2004. We did met after that but it was sort of a "Hi Bye" thing. And this time he being the nanny of the choir, we really have time to hang around in Singapore and taking photos. He was good in capturing some beautiful scenes in Singapore. We enjoyed helping each other taking photos in Singapore. It was fun!

Koon Loong and I in the MRT

At China Town

At Orchard Road

At Night in China Town

The last day in Singapore was another memorable day as we got to have an exchange with Singapore Soka Assocation Choir. We were warmly welcomed by the members and have a very good exchange. I shared my experience about my depression and how I overcomed it with all the members there. Again, my sharing made most of the audience cry again. But I am sure that my experience sharing will definitely encourage all the members to strive harder and face the challenges courageously, and motivate them to contribute in whatever field they are in. I have won!

Night Scene near Fullerton Hotel


Marina Bay


The Fullerton Hotel

No comments: