Monday, August 07, 2006

Being Master of Ceremony

I intent to write this down after the event but I was just "busy" being lazy.

Anyway, I was request to be the MC for the event - A Discourse on Islam and Buddhism. Yin Kwan called me a week earlier before the event and without any hesitation, I said ok. There are a few reasons why I agreed to become the MC.



First, it has been quite sometimes since I last spoken in the public.
Second, I guess it's Koon Hoe idea and he must be the one who proposed my name to the PIC that I can become a MC. So, I should not let him down. Besides, Yin Kwan asked me once last time to become the MC for an event and I kindly declined. It ended up Koon Hoe had to be the MC.
Third, I seriously wanted to take up the challenge and get myself busy. Besides, that's one good chance to improve myself and contribute myself.

A few unexpected incidents occurred that day. The IMAM group from China has delayed the event as they'd lost their way to the venue. Then, there're too many came to listen to the discussion until the organizer need to change the venue from the International Conference Room at 11th floor to the Auditorium at 4th floor. Surprisingly, even the Auditorium (which has more seats) was fully seated.

Due to these unexpected incidents, I had to spontaneously modify my MC script. I almost had a nervous breakdown. (Just kidding!)

However, I think I mange to control the whole event despite the "unexpected". Moreover, I learnt how to deal with the "sudden changes" and that was really a very wonderful experience for me. I received compliment and praises from a few people which really is great encouragement for me.

I am happy. I contributed.

No comments: