Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Been touched by the spirit of Mentor and Disciple

Last Sunday, Mom had asked us (my sister and I) to attend the SGM All leaders Meet which was held yesterday. Yes, I have to admit I had been absent for the leader meet these days due to my busy schedule and workloads. Anyway, mom was telling us that we must not miss the meet this time and insisted that we have to arrange our busy schedules and bring ourselves there no matter what! OK, so I prayed and tried to arrange my time.

So, yesterday I tried to finish all my works before 6pm. Dad called me before 6pm to confirm my attendance as he needs to pick me up later at around 6:30pm. I confirmed that I will be going. It was raining pretty heavily. Since I have promised mom to be there, I have to go no matter what. So I left my office around 6:15pm. By then I realised it was raining so heavily that everybody was waiting at the entrance as they can't walk under the rain even with umbrella.

"Great!" I said to myself. Actually, the Monorail station is just a few steps away (I mean like 10-20 steps) from the entrance. But I hate to get wet! Time won't wait. It was getting late and I have to keep my promise. I could imagine how mad mom would be if I didn't go to the meet. So without much hesitation, I ran under the rain to reach the station. Gosh! The rain was cruel and merciless. It was like thousand of bullets hitting on you (just that not strong enough to go through your body). Of course, by the time I reached the station, I was totally wet! As if I fell into a pool and just got out of it. Yucks! I waited for the train for a few minutes feeling cold and nothing much could be done. When the train arrived, I got into it. To make thing worse, the train is air conditioned and I was totally wet! Great! I reached the Imbi Station and my dad was there waiting for me. I got into the car and headed to the destination.

So I finally got there. As usual the meeting start with Evening Gongyo followed by announcement. Then there was sharing session from those who attended the seminar in Japan. Then encouragement from the General Director and watching videos. Of course the highlight of the meeting (for me) is about the video. Mom wanted us to be there to watch the video. There was a performance by SGI America members.

Frankly it was not an extra-ordinary performance. Just some well-known musician and artist playing instrument and singing. What make it so special is because of the spirit the performers displayed that touched my heart. Like my mom said :"They performed whole-heartedly!" Yes, WHOLE-HEARTEDLY! The sincerity, the eagerness to perform for the mentor, the message they wanted to convey, the gratitude they wanted to show, the appreciation and the tribute of life that make such simple performance an extra-ordinary piece of works.

I still could remember how the performers sang. Every word speaks! Every sound rings!That's how they sang. Yes, the message of joy, peace and hope were well-delivered. They wanted to let their mentor to know that, no matter what, as a disciples, they will be by their mentor's side. They vow to continue their mentor's works, and work ever so close together with their mentor. Obviously, our mentor, Dr. Daisaku Ikeda was also deeply touched by their wonderful and splendid performance. Besides praising how amazing the performance was, he also return their sincerity by playing on the piano. Again, even though the piano performance by our mentor was not outstanding, the sincerity and the gratitude shines ever so brightly. And that's very touching!

Tears running down my cheeks again last night. And this time not because of sadness, depression or hopelessness. Once again, I found life, happiness, peace and feel the connection between mentor and disciples. I was once again being touched by the spirit of Soka Gakkai and the spirit of mentor and disciple! I am so blessed!

Thinking back of the pouring rain earlier, I found the rainbow appears deep in my heart that will never fade away...

No comments: