Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Funny Mistake

I promised my sister to write the entry. So here you go...

T'was the 30th December 2006. Everyone was busy planning the new year countdown celebration - how the year 2006 should go and how year 2007 should arrive. As for me, I will celebrate the arrival of new year in Koon Poh's new house. That's the plan. But for my sister, she was planning to enjoy the new year eve count down celebration with her friends at the Float Party which was held at National Aquatic Centre, Bukit Jalil. But before that, she needed to buy the ticket, for her friends and also herself.

Since her boyfriend was coming back from campus to join her for the float party, we needed to pick him up at One Utama. Beside there's one Axcess Counter where we could get the ticket. So we went to One Utama around 2:30pm. By the time we found a place to park our car, it was 3pm++ when we finally got into the shopping mall and look for the Axcess Ticket counter. My sister boyfriend, Hui reached there around that time too and we started to search for the counter together. Gosh, it was so difficult to find that stupid counter. We search from new wing to old wing, and then from the old wing back to the new wing again. We spent around an hour to finally figure out that the counter is located right below the center court at floor B1.

Well, at least we found the counter. Unfortunately, nobody's there. The counter was left open there without anyone and we approached the counter and found a note on the computer keyboard. The note stated something as follow :

=========================

Gone out for lunch??!!

I will be back around 4:30pm.
Please call me at 012 - *******
(Mr. Rashid)

=========================

Without any hesitation, I called the number to look for Mr. Rashid.

"Hello, Mr. Rashid! I am right at the Axcess Counter. When will you be back?"

"Oh oh, I am having my lunch now. Can you give me another 15 to 30 minutes?!"

It was already 4:15pm. So I continued "I thought you said you'll be back 4:30pm?! So how long is it gonna be? Can you come now?!"

"No, I am in the middle of having my lunch. I'll be there in another 15 minutes?"

"Alright then, I'll see you later then!"

So, feeling hungry, we went to have our tea break (lunch for Hui) at Secret Recipe. We ordered our food and drink. Then suddenly Rashid called.

"Hey! I am there in the office already! Where are you?!"

"Oh ok! Ermm.. just wanna ask you what's the price for tomorrow float party?!"

"What?!"

"You know tomorrow there will be a float party at Bukit Jalil?! I want to know the price?"

"What I don't know?!"

I thought he couldn't hear me as it was quite noisy then. So I spoke louder, "I want to know the ticket price for the float party. Do you know what is the ticket price?"

"No, I don't know!"

"What?! You don't know?!"

"How should I know?!"

"Huh?! How can you not know?! Are you the staff for Axcess?!"

"When are you coming to the office?!"

I was a bit annoyed. Then my sister and the boyfriend went back to the counter to try to get the ticket. Few minutes passed by and Mr. Rashid called me again.

"Hello! Where are you?!"

"Oh my sister just went to the office! You didn't see anyone there?!"

"No, nobody's here! Where are you?!"

"I am having my tea break here in Secret Recipe! But my sister is going to your office already! Where are you?"

"I am right at the office! Nobody's here!"

"Your office is right at the B1 floor right?!"

"Yes, B1! Beside there has a florist."

"OK OK! My sister is on her way there. Just wait for awhile. I'll call her!"

Irritated, I called my sister.

"Hello, are you there at the office?"

"Yeah, we're there already. The ticket saler is still not there yet!"

"But he just called me and said that he's there already! Any flower shop nearby?"

"Yeah! But there's another customer here waiting for the ticket seller too!"

"That's weird! He just called me and said that he's there already! Why don't you call him!"

"OK ok."

Sitting alone in the secret recipe. The waiter brought the three drink we ordered and asked if those were for our table. He must be wondering how come a person ordered three drinks?! Be placed the drinks on the table anyway. Then the two cakes arrived. Feeling hungry and bored, I ate the cake first. Then few minutes later, my sister called.

"Heen ar, I think the Mr. Rashid you called just now is actually the customer here who is waiting for the ticket seller as well ler!"

"Huh! Really aar?! Shit! Hahahahaha..."

"Yeah, I think so!"

"OK OK. So the ticket seller still hasn't appeared?"

"Nope!"

"So how now?!"

"We'll wait for awhile then!"

What a shame!! Shame on me!! Gosh, that's so freaking funny! I laughed at myself for awhile and decided to call back Mr. Rashid.

"Hello, Mr. Rashid! Hahahahaha..."

"Yes?!"

"Hey Rashid, you're there to buy the ticket as well izzit?!

"Yeah!"

"Goodness! I am there to buy the ticket as well!! So you're a customer as well la?!"

"Yeah yeah!"

"Hahahahaa..... I thought you were the ticket seller!"

"Oh! Hahahahaha.... oh you're not the ticket seller! Hahahaha..."

"I am so sorry, Rashid! I thought you're the ticket seller! Hahahaha.... so the ticket seller is not there yet?!"

"Yeah not here yet! Hahahaha..."

"OK. Never mind! Let's just wait again!"

Feeling stupid yet funny! I continued my cakes and waited for my sister and Hui to be back. And when they're back, the still couldn't got the tickets. Rashid called up the Operation Manager and made a complain. We were asked to obtained the tickets from other outlets. That's stupid! But we have no choice.

We were a bit disappointed, but we kept laughing over the whole funny incident. It's such a cold jokes! We kept talking about it and laughed on how this could be happening. How mis-interpretation on the notes on the keyboard and how I communicate with Rashid. The whole things just made us want to laugh. LOL...

Anyway, they managed to get the ticket after that. The ticket seller finally was there. Thanks to my sister's and Hui's patience and the spirit of never give up. They kept on checking back the counter whenever possible and they got what they want - The tickets to FLOAT PARTY!

No comments: