Monday, July 31, 2006

One Year Anniversary (Part 2)

I stood beside the window near my seat.

The first day in eProtea was alright. I was given a nice seat! Besides me is the window where I can enjoy the the beautiful KL City especially at night. I could see the KL Tower right through the window.

KL Tower can be seen right through the window where I sat.

The first person who guided me and assisted me is Edmund who work under CCRIS project. He brief me a little about what's CCRIS and the system developed. After that I was given some documents which I spent two boring days reading them. Then I could not help but to ask for something else to do. Then Edmund gave me some programming work to do. I think it's MBF's programme.

I rememberred there's this application which required me to send a report (successful/failure) to a user through email where the report is attached in the email. That was a very challenging task for me (then) as I never did that kind of program before. Of course Edmund gave me some clue and tips, and I also looked for help from the internet. I worked till very late for a few days and I somehow managed to complete the program. Ooh, satisfaction!

And then I was given some other tasks which I couldn't really remember. Then I was assigned to work for Hong, who is currently my senior and "Dai Lou"! He was developing a new product named LASS (Loan Account Submission System) and he needed an assistant to work with him. So I was assigned to help him.

From there I really learn a lot. As the system is still new and not fully developed, I got the opportunity to learn to develop the system from many aspects. Not only did I have the chance to explore more on Java programming, java script (jsp, servlet), I also got to learn more SQL statements and also the DTS (Data Transformation Service).

I still remember there was a period when Hong got into an accident and were absent for a few days. I was the one who need to do all the works. Being blur and helpless, I needed to explore, learn and solve the problem as fast as I could. I called Hong whenever I needed help and luckily he still managed to listen to the phone and simulate the problem at home and try to help me to solve most of the problems. During that period, I really forced myself to pick up and really learn a lot about the system. I have a better understand and get the big picture of the whole system.

From then on, I work mostly on the LASS instead of the CCRIS b2b project.

Oh did I not mention that the eProtea office was initially located at Cangkat Raja Chulan. Many bitter sweet memories at the old office. I remember I never joined the Company Trip to Pulau Pemanggil. I always go to have lunch with colleagues like Edmund, Wayne, Boon Seng, Hong, Panacie and Jasline. Then Chao Learn and King Chung later came in and become the permanent staff in the company too.

From left : King Chung, Chao Learn and I.

Other memories like delivering chinese oranges before the the Chinese New Year was also fun! We never really got to work but being the postman and deliver the oranges to our customers.

The decoration somewhere near my seat.

After the Chinese New Year, the office has shifted to a new place which is the current location. Menara Promet Level 29. We have a better environment and facilities. Besides, there is a Monorail station right in front of the building. Very convenient for me!

No comments: