Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mariah and I

I am currently listening to Mariah's song while working (OT) in the office. Thought I would take a rest and write something here.

I started listen to Mariah's song when I was 12 or 13 years old when my friend introduced her album (DayDream) to me. That was the first english album I bought in my life. Honestly, the first time I listen to the album, I don't really like it. I somehow find it hard to get the melody as Mariah's good at twist and turn the melody.

But then the more I listen to the album, the more I like it. Especially songs like "When I Saw You", "Forever" etc. I still remember the only song I know before I bought the album is "One Swee Day" as it was so popular then.

After that, I kinda dislike her when she release her next album - "Butterfly". Her image was like too sexy for a conservative mind like me (then). I hated it when I see the single "Honey" was on top of the chart. Again, the more I listened to it, the more I enjoy the song. When her next single for the album (Butterfly) was released, I bought the album.

From then on, I bought her every album.

I listen to them night and day and even sing along nonchalently, regardless how other people will think a guy singing Mariah Carey's song! (Imagine when reaching the high notes, I would screamed like an idiot!)

I have to admit singing Mariah's songs is not "healthy" for a tenor like me. I would have to use "Falseto" (Spelled wrongly!) which is not too good if used incorrectly or too often. So I controlled myself not to sing too much of her song.

However, I have to admit that her songs really accompany me through thick and thin. Her songs are definitely inspiring! Whenever I am down or feel sad, despair bla bla bla, singing her songs will definitely got me through the rain.

Mariah absolutely have a special connection with her fans. I don't know how to describe but I really take her as a good friend even though we've never communicated directly before. It's through her songs and her lyrics that she touched my heart.

No comments: